Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Beef Stroganoff

This is Sophie Grigson's Beef Stroganoff recipe that I've found her making on YouTube. There wasn't any  specific measurements for this dish so I've just copied and eye balled everything she did. This was the first dish I was able to cook in a long while since coming home from the hospital. I'm still on the road to recovery. I have only been making my Prosciutto Salad everyday for dinner.




Ingredients

Beef strips
half a small onion diced
olive oil
butter
package of sliced button mushrooms
sour cream
1 tablespoon flour
salt and pepper to taste

Method

Set pan to medium high heat. Pour some olive oil to cook the beef in. When beef is cooked, remove from the pan and place in to a bowl. Add some butter and cook the onion and mushrooms. Once the onion and mushroom are cooked and tender, add the beef back in to the pan. Add the flour and stir well, then add the sour cream and stir well. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta noodles or rice.

4 comments:

  1. You can always rely on Sophie - I often have. Glad to see you cooking again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, taking it one day at a time. I used to buy microwave frozen dinner version and it tasted awful. This was so simple to make and delicious.

      Delete
  2. Love the look of your blog. Your stroganoff looks good - so much better than frozen. I have also put paprika in mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magnolia, I'll have to try it with paprika next time. Now that I'm learning how to cook everything tastes better than frozen dinners and fast food.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by....