Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chicken Herb with Olives

I found this recipe from fellow blogger My Little Italian Kitchen. I made it for dinner last night and it was delicious. I thought I had all of the ingredients instead I had to substitute. I did have the white wine but not one that  I want to cook with. By mistake I bought tomato sauce instead of tomato paste, basil instead of sage and I served it with white rice instead of pollenta. I shall try this recipe again with the correct ingredients.

I love the aroma of rosemary cooking in the house. I try to incorporate Feng Shui around our home and I remember reading from one of my books that rosemary is a healing herb. It is used to aid with memory (hmmm maybe that's why I can recall this information lol) and to help a person feel young again. It gets rid of negative energy in the home. It adds loads of energy, family cooking and eating enjoyment

 For the original recipe check the blog site. Meanwhile this is how my version turned out.



















Ingredients

7 chicken thighs
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves
5 basil leaves
2 sticks rosemary
8 green pitted olives
4 tablespoon tomato sauce
5 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper

Method


Set your saute pan on stove top and set to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil.  Add the chopped onion and garlic, saute until tender and translucent. Salt and pepper all around the chicken and place  in the pan until snug. Cook all sides until golden. Add the tomato sauce, rest of olive oil, basil and the two sprigs of rosemary. Cover the pan and cook on low for an hour.

2 comments:

  1. You have done so well!Thank you so much for trying out my recipe!
    Basil and tomato combine very well and rice with chicken is as good as polenta. I like the presentation too!
    You are right about the rosemary. It is such a powerful herb and the house smells wonderful.
    Take care X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really aromatic and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by....