Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Angel hair pasta with, zucchini, mint, and feta

















It's raining again today. The same weather as yesterday and I love it. I have a new addition to my cookery books and it is such a nice day to stay indoors with a cup of warm apple cider and have a good read. While I was quickly flipping through the pages I found this recipe for Angel hair pasta with zucchini, mint, and feta. My son calls zucchini (comberpeel) as in cucumber. Sweet and funny really.

Tessa Kiros is the author of Apples for Jam. She was born in London. Her father is Greek, mother is Finnish and her husband is Italian. She has two little daughters and they look exactly like her. She grew up in South Africa. I love the fact that when she cooks the family are all involved and how wonderful it is to have a variety of food from different countries when their families get together for a meal. I enjoy reading this book as she writes about memories from her childhood and how the food come into place. She has her recipes in color groups which is why its called a Colorful Book.



This dish was yummy and comforting on a cold rainy day. I left out the mint because the family doesn't care for it. I did add more lemon on my own plate as well as my daughter's. Definitely going in the family favourite book.

Ingredients
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 small zucchini finely chopped (I did 4)
2 cloves garlic peeled and squashed a bit salt
1/2 teaspoon dried mint (I left this one out)
3/4 cup small cubes feta cheese (I added more)
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 box (16 oz) angel hair pasta
olive oil to serve
grated parmesan cheese to serve

Method
Boil the pasta and while that's boiling saute zucchini and garlic together until it is tender.
Once pasta is cooked, drain not thoroughly and save a little cooking water. Mix pasta and zucchini together in a large serving bowl. If the pasta looks too dry add a little water and olive oil. Add the lemon juice as well. Rain over with feta and parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by....