Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Strawberry Bruschetta

I mentioned with my previous post that there was a sale on strawberries so I've been creating some strawberry dishes. Here's another strawberry pairing and nibbles that we enjoy, a strawberry bruschetta. It's the second one this week. I started out with a recipe for Strawberries with balsamic vinegar. I love the sweetness of the strawberries and sugar, the sharp taste of the balsamic, and a very mild heat of pepper. Flavours that wake up your pallette. It's not only delicious its also quite refreshing and has become my chic-a-dis favourite. They have a lot of favourites : )

Add a spoonful on sliced baguettes its delicious...

















You can't just have one even if you try. You'll want more...

















It's quite nice too eaten by itself as a dessert. : )


Ingredients

A carton of strawberries
2 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
pepper to taste

Method

Chop up the strawberries.
Mix sugar and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
Add the strawberries and mix all together.
Season with a tad bit of pepper.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This looks really good. I think I prefer yours for the usual salty bruschetta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is quite nice when you don't want the salty one : )

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by....