Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

How to remove sticky labels and odor from pasta and pesto sauce jars.

Have you ever wondered how to remove the sticky labels and odor from glass pasta jars? I have. First I soak up the jars and the lids in hot water. The label comes right off but the sticky annoying residue remains. I tried scrubbing it off with a dish sponge, my thumb, and its quite a labour only to have it spread around even more. I've searched online and read a few tips about it. I've read using acetone, WD 40, and lighter fluid will do the job. Well, I don't want to put my jars on fire. I want to clean them and reuse them to store my sugar, oats, rice, and spices...etc.

I used the peanut butter method. If I had known about this earlier on I wouldn't have had to put so much sweat into it. I've masked parts of the jars that had the sticky stuff with peanut butter. Left it on for a few hours. I got some paper towel to wipe off the peanut butter and the sticky stuff vanished along with it! As for the pasta and pesto odor in the jar and the lid, I soaked them in water with baking soda and the odor vanished as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by....