Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spaghetti with Marmite

Spaghetti with Marmite and Grilled Chicken with herbs and spices.
Yummmmm....Everyone's plates were empty. The kiddies loved it : )

As a child I remember eating Marmite on toast. My gran (lola) and nanny would feed it to me every morning. What I looked forward to the most is when gran made French toast (eggy bread is what my son calls it) for breakfast. I can remember being woken up by the aroma of butter and egg being cooked from the kitchen. I remember the feeling of solace knowing gran was in the next room. She would have her floral dress on, her hair up on a pony tail ready to greet you with her smile once you walked in the kitchen. She loved being in the kitchen cooking and feeding everyone. It's what made her happy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by....